View Single Post

Old 05-22-2020, 01:38 PM

Liked 246 Times in 58 Posts
Default Found a HD at my LGS: New Pics and Questions

Here are some more pics. I gave it a good cleaning today. S/N 558XX. Questions: Is the finish original? I have my own opinion but I would like to hear from forum members. Also what can be done about the corrosion under the grip panel? Thanks. Keith

I found this the other day at my LGS. The guy at the counter said it came in with other guns in a “lot” from Rock Island Auctions. It’s in much better condition than my other Heavy Duty. In fact I don’t think it was shot much at all. The grips of course are from a much later date. When the cylinder is closed there is some resistance. I think the pin and spring are still in place but I haven’t actually checked. I also checked to see if the cylinder will accept.357’s which it doesn’t. A good thing. In these pics the HD with the stags is one I’ve had for 6 years now. The HD in the back is the most recent acquisition. It’s funny that both came from LGS’s and nickel at that. I think one of our HD experts here said nickel was running about 17% according to his records. I’ll post some more pics later as well as the serial number. Maybe someone can narrow down the ship date.

Last edited by keithpip; 05-24-2020 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Additional Pictures
The Following 18 Users Like Post: