View Single Post

Old 05-23-2020, 10:52 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 2,986 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22lrfan View Post
There were only two 6" nickel 19's in the completed auctions. A 19-4 with box/paperwork sold for $915 and a -3 without box sold for $1095. I'm not sure what's driving the price up on nickel 19's. I've already have 2 1/2" and 4" nickel 19-4's. This one would fit in perfect.
That is a nice 19 you are considering. $800 OTD seems to be good price IMO...But I'm also a certified NickelHolic and Model 19 lover. I've purchased many S&W's at Pawn Shops in my area and some are more generous in negotiating than others. As you mentioned, when they 1st bring a gun out for sale, they don't play much on price. Most the time they will knock the tax off that helps lower the OTD price. As to Gunbroker auctions...I always take into account there is the additional $20-$50 shipping cost plus FFL transfer fee. The Pawn Shops I've dealt with don't charge a transfer fee when I buy gun from them. Always wondered if that is fairly standard with pawn shops in other areas of country.
Anyway, good luck on your decision. Can always call it your Memorial Day present.
Ray
The Following User Likes This Post: