View Single Post

Old 05-26-2020, 10:56 PM

Liked 8,461 Times in 3,772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukar60 View Post
From my view that gun is in no way new. Too many scratches and as one poster mentioned the turn line is too heavy. I have seen several brand new guns with very very light turn lines. The gun will be cycled and test fired before it leaves the factory. That will leave a line albeit a very slight one.
My biggest concern is where the side plate is directly below the frame under the cylinder. The side plate looks straight and the frame looks to be warped upward.
Also when you enlarge the second picture you can see the forward side plate screw is buggered. Somebody, not the factory, has been inside the gun and that would explain the bulge where the plate meets the frame. Inexperienced replacement of the plate..
^^^what he said. Boy, you have some eye! That frame area warped upward is disgraceful! Anybody see the HBO series "Westworld"? This gun looks like an example of what the repair techs in that show refer to as "sampling the merch," i.e. playing with the hosts. I know a fellow who does this: shooting unfired new guns, cleaning them and selling them at shows as new.

Last year, I bought a 627PC snub from the pro shop at my club. It had been in and out of the safe to the display case daily for most of a year. Not a mark on it. It CAN be done; it just requires being ethical. Some folks simply cannot.

Kaaskop49
Shield #5103