View Single Post

Old 05-29-2020, 10:05 AM

Liked 7,268 Times in 2,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan the Butcher View Post
Who say bottle necked (more commonly called shouldered) cartridges are not popular? You?, Me? Some guy on the street?
The market at large. Bottlenecked cartridges haven't achieved mainstream popularity in spite of their many advantages.

Quote:
Technology is generally what determines what works. Shouldered cartridges and the automatic pistols or revolvers the feed are the products of multiple technologies! Primarily two, Metallurgy and Chemistry. Neither of those technologies stand still for long.
Okay, I'm not sure what bearing this has on the topic of discussion though, unless you're trying to say that bottlenecked cartridges are obsolete or something.

Quote:
Case development started with paper wrapped powder and ball, Went to machined metal and coiled wire, then what we are most familiar with extruded metal. there is even a move towards caseless ammo
Yeah, I really don't understand what you're getting at here. Yes, cartridges have advanced, but it's not as if bottlenecked cartridges only ever existed to aid in feeding nor that such is their sole benefit, so the advances in technology and improved reliability of straight-walled cartridges has not in any way rendered bottlenecked cartridges obsolete.