View Single Post

Old 06-01-2020, 01:00 AM

Liked 862 Times in 379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMur View Post
Hey Phil,
Wow! That's a rare single cavity iron mold for sure and a late one to boot. Very serviceable. You could make thousands of bullets with that iron mold and sell them to target shooters! I can't imagine what other gun that bullet would be for since it only lists as the 32-44 target for bullet design, diameter, and weight. Great collectable!

I looked it up in my historical Ideal/Lyman list and it shows up but I always thought it was only offered in the old wood handled molds? I guess I was wrong. This would have to date post 1926 to ? but I also noticed that it was used in Ideal cases that were designed for a short range rifle...I don't know which one though?

see photo:

& Thanks much for posting!

Murph
Hi Murph!

It is surprising to me also that Lyman would offer a Mold for this Bullet so relatively recently.

Possibly they kept the Cherry-Cutter on hand, and one could write to them and Order a Mold.

And, indeed, I know of nothing else Cartridge wise for this Bullet, other than the .32 - 44, and as a "light" Bullet for the .320RR and the .32 Ideal Rifle Cartridge of that era.