View Single Post

Old 06-01-2020, 06:08 PM

Liked 1,791 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by federali View Post
Unconfirmed reports indicate that ANTIFA, labeled a terrorist organization by President Trump, plans to switch tactics by attacking residential neighborhoods to "take what's theirs." If true, this could spark a very serious escalation in domestic violence.
The operative phrases here are "Unconfirmed reports" and "If true." This kind of repitition of misinformation has been very damaging to our country since the advent of social media.

ANTIFA is a movement, an attitude, not an organization. Calling it one is akin to jazz lovers or baseball fans being labeled as organizations.

I am old enough to remember the 1960's riots, and especially the ones that occurred after MLK was murdered. In fact on that day I was a volunteer tutor for black kids in the neighborhood adjacent to my unversity. We were able to get out OK with only a few windows busted on our bus.

So I've been on the receiving end, and well remember wild talk of going to Whitey's neighborhood to get some payback. And that's all it was, talk by some loudmouths.

We all need to calm down and think our way out of this collectively. And stop being played by excitist rhetoric from either the left or the right.

Last edited by Murdock; 06-01-2020 at 06:14 PM.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: