View Single Post

Old 06-02-2020, 02:09 PM

Liked 11,103 Times in 3,302 Posts

The last gun I bought online could have turned out bad. I won it on Gunbroker. The seller can't make it easy. While Gunbroker has an easy checkout system, he doesn't use it. I had to jump through a few extra hoops, but knew it ahead of time. One hoop was that my FFL had to fax his license to the seller. He did that and also said that the gun needed to be sent "signature required". He was told I would pay the extra shipping costs.

My dealer's regular hours has been that he is closed on Wednesday's. The seller mailed the gun USPS. Of course, it arrived on Wednesday, which shouldn't have been a problem. But, the knucklehead seller sent it without the "signature required" option like the FFL asked for. Sorry for the name calling.

My dealer called me on Thursday and told me my gun was ready for pickup. When I got there, I asked how things went. He told me that when he got there that morning, my package was sitting on the ground, outside his door, and had been there since the day before. It started pouring down rain about an hour after he opened. His business is a stand alone building that sits on a very busy 4 lane divided highway. He called the seller to voice his displeasure and was curtly told that selling guns was just a sideline, and that he can't be expected to remember everything. The seller also stressed that everything did turn out fine. After hearing the story, I was glad to get my gun. BTW, my dealer wasn't even going to bring it up, but since I asked, he told me the story. He says he sees it all.
Larry