Thread: Deleted thread
View Single Post

Old 06-07-2020, 11:54 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 293 Times in 112 Posts

As long as we are telling stories, around 10-12 years ago I was riding my son's scooter/moped, and wrecked it. Due to driver inattention I went off the road into a ditch and before I could get it slowed down the front wheel caught and cocked. The immediate decerration threw me over the handlebar into the the ditch face first. I slid to a stop face down. If I had not been wearing a full face helmet I would have suffered some serious face rash, or worse. Going over the front so violently tore the hamstring of my left leg. I did not know this and when I tried to stand I fell right down. Hurt so bad I thought I had dislocated my hip. Could not find my cell phone which had been in my shirt pocket. Had to wait about 10 minutes for someone do drive by on this county road and stop to help me. I had him call my cell phone and it was under the scooter. I won't go into any more details about the injuries, but I was carrying my Colt Lightweight Commander in a Fist leather OWB holster with no thumbreak or strap. At some point I checked my holster and the Commander was still in it, still in condition one, with no sign of damage.
The Following User Likes This Post: