View Single Post

Old 06-07-2020, 12:15 PM
US Veteran

Liked 7,880 Times in 2,833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
I find it interesting that so many believe thugs are so brave they would seek out an armed man to attack . Have you ever been assulted and robbed?
They aren't brave and don't want to come up against an armed victim...
the thug might get hurt ...old , unarmed and alone make muck better prey.

Open Carry all you want ... you will not be singled out for attack ...thugs like easy prey not prey that's openly armed and will give them a fight.

To the OP ...Congratulations on your Open Carry , Keep on Keeping On !
Louisiana has always been an open carry state , no permit required !
I have never , in the last 50 years , been assaulted while open carrying , the only time I was shot and robbed was when I was unarmed and alone in my office . The bad guy made sure I was alone and unarmed before producing his hidden pistol and firing 4 shots at arms length . The outcome would have been much different if I had been open carrying that morning ... So you open carry whenever you want or feel the need .
Gary
Walked out of my house one night on my way to work. In uniform and open carrying on a duty belt. Two guys tried to rob me. I will grant that my uniform and gun were black and it was dark. They may not have known I was armed until I drew.

Had some little street rat threaten to knock me down and take my gun. No question he knew I was armed.

Had another crackhead try to take my gun in a Kum&Go one night at work. Again, in uniform and clearly armed. Again, no question he knew I was armed.

Had a lunatic threaten to kill me with an axe at work one morning. At work, in uniform, clearly armed. The gun didn't phase him in the slightest. The OC did.

Not a gun grab per se but a crackhead walked into a 7-11 where I was waiting for a gas receipt one morning. With zero provocation on my part walked up to me and screamed in my face "I'm security around here (insert foul language relating to your female parent of choice) and what was I going to do about it. Again clearly not intimidated by the gun but as soon as I unsnapped my OC he found business elsewhere.

If you want to open carry you had better have a plan for WHEN someone tries to take it off you.

Your Milage May (and very likely does) vary.

Last edited by Smoke; 09-09-2023 at 04:28 PM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: