View Single Post

Old 06-10-2020, 02:33 PM

Liked 721 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJUNLAWYER View Post
Regarding importer marks. Years ago I purchased a nice Nickle 5" barrel 27-2 from someone in Canada. Well, I had no idea what was in store for me as far as getting it into the states! It went to a gathering point somewhere in Western Canada and when enough were collected to make the trip worthwhile my gun together with others was shipped to an FFL that had an importer license-Leroy's Big Valley Guns if I remember correctly. After around 6 months, I got the gun and found a tiny import mark inside the crane right above the model # stamping that simply said "Leroy's" Wonderful way to comply with the law and not really deface a nice collectable revolver.
Full disclosure-had I known all of this would be happening, I would never have gone through the transaction. I was truly lucky in that if the guy in Canada had wanted to he could have taken my money and there wouldn't have been a thing I could do about it. I think someone from the forum bought it (with full disclosure of the import mark)down the line when I got rid of my 27's
I can remember when CZ75s were all the rage with IPSC shooters and I imported one from Canada. Yes awful lot of red tape involved in this!
Steve