View Single Post

Old 06-11-2020, 12:06 AM

Liked 1,397 Times in 844 Posts
Thumbs up colt_ssa: I tried to edit to only the Model 19 pic, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt_saa View Post
I happen to LOVE H110. I have burned through probably close to 200 pounds by now between the 357 Magnum and the 41 Magnum.

In the 357 Magnum, I push it to the MAX. 16.7 grains under a Winchester 158 JHP with a Winchester magnum primer. I also like to load these into nickel cases where the target loads I put into brass.

This load will have acceptable velocity in the snubby, but with a rather loud, deep, throaty bark and huge orange fireball. My shooting buddy used to call this load out of our 2 1/2" Model 19s "The Attention Getter"

It will really shine out of your Big Boy with much less bark and flash

Just make sure that you start 10% lower and work your way up with your component mix in your firearm

For the mid/light load, I use 150-158 grain hard cast SWCs over 6 grains of unique and a standard primer. This is what I plink with

The only thing that I load lighter than that is my HBWCs, but that is hardly a plinking bullet. Soft swagged HBWCs are expensive when you can find them.
I believe I have that exact same Model 19 in 1/2": is yours a -3, by chance? How do you describe the bluing on yours?

Was that by chance a Police Service Weapon at one time?

I love mine: with a companion Model 66-1 in 4" I find them both shooting to almost the same impact points at the range with all but the hottest loads.

Cheers!

Last edited by STORMINORMAN; 06-11-2020 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Spelin