View Single Post

Old 06-11-2020, 01:06 PM

Liked 1,990 Times in 959 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biku324 View Post
The most important thing to remember is that there is a place for arguments - that's the court. Arguing with the police on the street accomplishes nothing positive.
I agree 100%. Don't plan on arguing with them. But I can call his supervisor afterwards and file a complaint if I know he was in the wrong.

Many moons ago, my brother was pulled over because "his window tint looked to dark". The officer noticed my brother has his pistol stuck in the console. Asked my brother if he had a permit for that. He didn't need a permit for it to be visible in his vehicle (not by GA law). He did have one and answered the question as yes. I was tempted to say "he doesn't need one", but antagonizing a LEO and telling him he is wrong as you said will probably not go well, so I kept my trap shut. Now if he was writing a ticket or cuffing us for something that wasn't illegal, then I would probably have spoken up in a respectful manner. Maybe with questions like "do we have to have a permit to have one in our vehicle"?

I couldn't tell you how many LEOs and former LEOs I have had conversations with about carrying firearms and they didn't know the law themselves. Pretty scary.

Rosewood

Last edited by rosewood; 06-11-2020 at 01:09 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: