View Single Post

Old 06-11-2020, 03:28 PM

Liked 619 Times in 156 Posts
Default Winchester 1892 by Miroku on the way

Hi,

for some time I had been interested in acquiring a lever action rifle in a handgun caliber. Beeing mostly a handgun guy with occasional rifle shooting, I onw a Browning 1886 in 45/70 for about 33 years now, accompanied by a 1885 single shot in the same caliber for about 25 years. I guess both together have a rounds count of less than 1000. Now they spend even more time in the locker because of my problems with herniated discs of the cervical spine - I got 2 disc protheses some years ago and more and more dislike the recoil of a standard 45/70 load. That's the reason why i was looking for a lever action rifle in a smaller caliber.

Yesterday, I took the decision and ordered a Winchester 1892 in .44 Magnum. This was a quite spontaneous idea. I had always thougt there only were Winchester 73 replicas on the market, which I do not consider too strong, and I like strong actions. I didn't want a 94 as I was looking for a handgun caliber. Not familiar with the different lever action models, I wasn't aware that the 92 is technically just a 86, adapted to smaller cartridges. Finding out that Miroku makes the current Winchester lever action rifles, I jumped on it. Both my 45/70 are Miroku made and they are flawless, accurate and absolutely reliable. There will be Miroku #3 in the locker soon. I'm quite excited.

Has anybody some experiences with the 1892 im .44 Magnum to share with me? I will be handloading, have a whole box of Hornady XTP 180 gr on the shelf. Don't need fullhouse loads, it's just for plinking and to have fun - without damage to my disc protheses.

regards from Germany
Ulrich