View Single Post

Old 06-16-2020, 01:02 PM
US Veteran

Liked 7,874 Times in 2,830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmednDangerous View Post
I will say that there's no one at this forum who could have done any differently even though from the sidelines, they think otherwise. As I said, it happened in less than 2 seconds.
Does that include those of us who did do something differently and did keep our guns?

Quote:
You don't "Let" yourself get jumped
I'm sorry mister but you did let yourself get jumped.

Quote:
It's called an AMBUSH,
What you describe was not an ambush. What you're describing is you failing to maintain situational awareness and to enforce your Reaction Gap.

I would like to respectfully suggest that you look around your area and see if there any trainers that offer classes in managing unknown contacts. I think you would benefit.

Quote:
What I'm saying is that you won't always have the luxury of knowing someone is about to lay their hands on you. as was the case in my situation. It was unexpected.
Are you familiar at all with pre assault indicators? There's a really good video on YouTube by Massad Ayoob called Danger Signs you might want to give it a look.

Quote:
Do you consider that (Walmart)a bad element place?
I most assuredly do. Especially after about 9 O'Clock at night

Quote:
Are you always on high alert when in Walmart?
I most assuredly am. Especially after about 9 O'Clock at night.

Walmart is what is known as a "Watering Hole". A watering hole is a place were predators gather because they know prey goes there. Street Rats go to Walmart literally looking for people to rob

Quote:
Perhaps I was actually far more alert than anyone here wants to give credit...since for whatever reason, I decided NOT to carry that day and I'm here to tell the story.
You're not "Here to tell the story" because of anything you did you're "Here to tell the story" because he let you go.

Quote:
When someone approaches you, seriously, at what point do you use the OC spray or physically attack the person?
See, this is where some training in managing unknown contacts would really be beneficial. To answer your question, you use OC spray or attack the person when you can articulate a very specific action on the part of the other person that would cause any reasonable person to believe that their life was in danger or they were in danger of being seriously injured.

Quote:
FROM EXPERIENCE, I'm telling you right here it's not as easy a decision to make as you like to thinm.
FROM EXPERIENCE, I'm telling you it's not that hard to figure out

Last edited by Smoke; 06-16-2020 at 01:44 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: