View Single Post

Old 06-18-2020, 03:11 AM

Liked 1,822 Times in 707 Posts
Default Range Report

So we finally made it to the range on Monday. My bride LOVED her new revolver. Thanks for all the shared information on good loads.
I started her out with some 38 sp. loads of 148 gr LWC over 2.8 gr of WST. Nice mild load with little felt recoil and good accuracy. She got better fast.

Next load was 357 brass with 6.6 gr of Unique under 158 gr Hornady XTP. Noticeable increase in felt recoil, but nothing intimidating for her. She was very accurate and was hitting the 8 inch metal target at 25 yards 8-9 times out of 10. She really liked this load.

Finally we got to the flame thrower. 16.5 gr H110 under the same ogive. Impressive power. She handled it fine, but she won't be wanting a steady diet of those loads. She was impressed by the power of her new pistol.

We made a couple videos, but they are in .mov format and everything crashed when I tried to upload it. If I figure out how to convert it, I'll come back and post.

Thanks for all the good suggestions. We'll be trying lots of your other favorite loads in the future, and I think we'll be doing a lot more pistol shooting than we used to. Maybe I'll get the chrono out there and get some muzzle velocity numbers as well.

Thanks again, and happy shootin'
The Following User Likes This Post: