View Single Post

Old 06-19-2020, 04:10 PM

Liked 6,614 Times in 2,198 Posts

Before I retired I was required to attend an in-service defensive tactics class as part of the usual training cycle. I'd not been required to go through that particular training for some years. I naturally knew the instructor, who was good.

At one point the class involved a weapon retention technique (belt-holstered duty weapon), demonstrating a technique to try and maintain control of the weapon, attempting to deny access and control of it to someone forcefully attempting to wrest it from the holster of the "defending officer".

The "attacker" with whom I was paired was approx 10+/- years younger, several inches taller and had about 40-50 pounds on me (not hanging around his waist, either). Let's just say that he was physically "capable".

As soon as he grabbed at my simulated holstered weapon, I poked him (not hard, and intentionally not causing any injury). He couldn't jerk back his upper body, back-pedal and get away from me fast enough. His hands had quickly flown away from my simulated weapon. The instructor just smiled and shook his head, and reminded me that they were teaching the new people different denial of weapon tactics nowadays.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 06-19-2020 at 04:15 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: