View Single Post

Old 06-20-2020, 11:41 PM

Liked 99 Times in 33 Posts
Default S&W Model 3 1st Russian with some questions

Hi I joined this forum after a recommendation from a member, I’ve browsed it a lot and pulled a lot of good information on it. I’m fairly new to S&W revolvers but I am pretty much all in at this point. I like all of them from the tip ups to the modern guns. Recently I came across a model 3 at what I think is a good price wallowing in the antique counter no one looks at. I didn’t know anything really specific about model 3s a few weeks ago except a little about the Schofield. Anyway it’s had the barrel cut to 5” and the front sight soldered back in place. I believe the nickel is original because the extractor is blued. It has matching assembly #s on everything, the grips don’t match though they number about 10000 to early. It has the steps in the cylinder and it was the tag said Russian. Cylinder length confirms it. But it’s not stamped Russian model and I was wondering if that’s common? Most of the ones I’ve seen are. Serial number is 31575. I’m also looking for a leaf spring for the cylinder stop. I’ve tried Jacks first and a lot of other places and had no luck. I’ve tried to learn a lot about all the old models since picking this up. Any information you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated thank you
The Following 10 Users Like Post: