View Single Post

Old 06-21-2020, 01:19 PM

Liked 9,405 Times in 4,216 Posts
Default A Couple of Auto Questions

OK, first let me admit to having whatever small S&W expertise I do have in the realm of revolvers. That said, I have been venturing into the field of autos, in particular the 39 series. I have a couple of basic questions that will seem very elementary to the cognoscenti but not to me.

First and foremost what is the ammo prescription vs proscription For the aluminum alloy? I know that the really hot ammo intended for subguns is definitely a no-no, but what about the standard European issue NATO ammo, which is a bit hotter than US commercial stuff? I’m also wondering about a steady diet of +P from the US(?)

My second question involves rear sight assemblies. I know the slide cuts for the “lollipop” style and the ‘57 Chevy tail fin style must be specific. I’m curious though as to whether the cut for the non-adjustable sight and that for the Novak style are the same or whether each of them has a unique cut profile for a total of four?

Disclaimer; I did a quick scan of SCSW4, and while I may have just missed it, didn’t find either of these questions addressed. TIA for any info you might provide.

Froggie