View Single Post

Old 06-22-2020, 07:39 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,810 Times in 476 Posts
Default How about a Chinese (Norinco) 9MM Tokarev?

Picked up a blast from the past the other day, a Norinco 213 9MM caliber Tokarev pistol. These were imported in the 1990's before Bill Clinton got irritated at the Chinese and banned their entry to our shores.....

I have always been intrigued by these pistols, being chambered in 9MM is a plus for me as I cast 9MM bullets and have tons of components, cheap shooting for me. The original 7.62 x 25 chambering is a bit loud and over powered for me for field use, 9MM is just right.....

Picked this thing up super cheap, $150 with original box, cleaning rod and a grand total of eight magazines. Less than the cost of a Hi-point! I was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy and reliability of this pistol, works great with FMJ and my pet cast lead hand load. Accuracy is on par with a Glock, about 2-3" standing two hand hold at 20 yards.

I found a nice leather thumb break holster on Ebay for it for $20, so I'm set for the field. I'll carry this one "Israeli Style", hammer down on an empty chamber, safety off, and incorporate chambering a round with the draw. This to get around the added "Import Safety", which works backwards from what it should, very clumsy in operation.

For serious defensive work I'll go with something more modern like a Glock, but as a "Utility Pistol", field/truck/tractor gun it will work nicely.

This gun is fun to shoot! Modest recoil, good accuracy, lots of fun slaying steel with this one. This would even be fun to play IDPA games with at the club level.....

Some pics:

Steel rabbit shot at 15 yards, five rounds, standing two hand hold. Sights are dead on!

The Following 15 Users Like Post: