View Single Post

Old 06-22-2020, 07:54 PM

Liked 12,802 Times in 4,228 Posts

Not really. A couple of years ago I switched my EDC from a 642 to a PX4 Compact, but capacity was probably down at the bottom of my list of reasons for doing so. I also carry my 642 as a BUG.

However, there are still times when I only carry my 642 when I want a little more discretion, or sometimes even no gun if there are restrictions in places where I have to go.

The thing is, from what I've seen, including past events, riots are not likely to spontaneously happen out of nowhere. There's going to be something going on beforehand, like protests. Part of "situational awareness" includes checking your local news to see where events like these are happening. That way, you can avoid them if at all possible.

The city I live in has had some pretty bad rioting and looting. But for the most part they happen at night in areas with protests, and it's not hard to check the news to see where those protests are taking place. I avoid those times and places when I have to go out and about, and so far I've not run into anything even close to these situations (*knocks on wood*).

If you think about it, if you're in a riot situation, and you have to fire in self defense, you face the possibility of becoming overwhelmed regardless of how many rounds your gun carries. Awareness and avoidance skills are going to be more important than whether your gun carries 5 or 15 rounds.

But I certainly have no problem if someone decides they need to carry "more" than usual in these uncertain times. Everybody has their own wants, needs, and levels of comfort (or acceptable discomfort, as the case may be).

Just my opinion.
The Following 35 Users Like Post: