View Single Post

Old 06-23-2020, 08:39 PM

Liked 299 Times in 134 Posts

My firearm selection hasn't changed. A few people on here mentioned trading a Shield for a P365, but that never crossed my mind. In fact, as I've stated before, I bought a Shield and an M&P Subcompact this year in lieu of buying a P365 or Hellcat. I prefer the slightly larger, heavier & thinner Shield because I like a longer grip forward & aft and a little more weight, and a Subcompact that is thicker & heavier yet because—in my hands—they shoot better and now I have two guns that can fill that role that provides some redundancy though they are different enough from one another to have their own attributes worth carrying together or separately (I arm to how I am dressed and not the other way around). I bought these two pistols right before the quarantine so, again, it had nothing to do with riots per se. I don't think carrying one gun with a few more rounds, or even two, is going to do much when we're talking about riots. Walking around with an AR-15 or a shotgun might do slightly more (though that invites other problems), so I think the important thing is that everyone is armed with whatever so that collectively good people can intervene whether that is on the side for law enforcement, on a side against law enforcement, and/or on a side for or against fellow civilians. Having more than one gun isn't a bad idea if that means the ability to arm someone else who isn't willing or able to carry, especially if more people are doing it (which means we can arm more unarmed allies), but I also think these riots are largely orchestrated and thus something to keep in mind. That doesn't mean the threat isn't real, but there is a lot more we can and should be doing to be proactive and try to head off these issues in my opinion. That said, one of the benefits of a Subcompact M&P is that I can pop in a 17-round magazine. If I was carrying a P365 in it's 12+1 configuration, I might opt instead for a Glock 48 with one of those aftermarket 15+1 magazines instead. Better yet, I would just rather carry a full-size M&P9, G19 or G45, or a PX4 Storm Compact because they will all shoot faster and more accurately than a P365 or Shield, but like I said, I'm not sure that's going to do much. If anything, I would probably rather have two smaller guns than one larger gun in the event someone stripped me of my gun or it malfunctioned.

Last edited by Sheepdogged; 06-23-2020 at 08:41 PM.