View Single Post

Old 06-24-2020, 08:38 PM

Liked 7,406 Times in 2,516 Posts

Well obviously I would let them kill me without putting up a fight. I'd much rather be savagely bludgeoned to death by honorless thugs than ever face the courtroom boogeymen or end up in prison. I mean, let's face it, with my long flowing locks, chiseled jawline, and deep blue eyes, I'd immediately become the object of desire amongst the entire cellblock.
I mean, I only bought a gun as a sort of good luck charm in hopes that simply carrying it would ward off all evil. Most folks would carry a crucifix or rosary beads or something, but I don't have the guts to stand before an earthly judge, much less a heavenly judge.

Seriously though, I'm of the sort who'd rather go down fighting, protecting those I love to the best of my abilities and striking down as many villains I could in the process. If I should survive and have to face a bunch of greasy lawyers, then I'll accept full responsibilies for my actions, make my case, and should the law be against me, then so be it. It beats dying the disgraceful death of a coward along with all those who were counting on me.

I decided long ago that I would be the survivor and never the victim. I've seen too much evil, too much injustice, too many otherwise good people who didn't get involved because they were afraid of the consequences, and spent too much time bound by fear and despair, only to realize that when measured against everything that I had faced up to that point, especially my own demons, the fear of imprisonment or death paled in comparison. I was already a prisoner of fear and doubt. I've also already faced death, and did it with a smile on my face.

So yeah, I'd do everything in my power to avoid trouble, to stay safe, to be a just, honorable, and gentle man, but if it all comes down to allowing myself and others around me to be victimized by cowardly scum who prey on innocent people, then screw it, like hell am I just going to lay down and take it. If they want a riot, if they want blood, if they want fire and destruction, then they will have it.

Last edited by Echo40; 06-24-2020 at 10:23 PM.
The Following 12 Users Like Post: