View Single Post

Old 06-26-2020, 11:47 AM

Liked 86 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleted327 View Post
It depends on the gun and the role. Under 4" I like the RB. If it's over 4" and presumably for more of a hunting role then the SB conversion might get the nod. The other difference is VZ has the additional grip textures available in the SB conversions but not yet for the RB N & KL grips. I love the Operator II and Twister textures. I have wrap around J frame grips in those and much prefer them to the standard checkered or 320s. If you opt for the SB don't overlook the added options available. As soon as they offer the Operator II in the RB N&KLs I'm ordering more for myself. I added a pic of the OP IIs on my 360.
Thank you for this information, I did look at their various textures back when I was looking to purchase a few grips for my 1911. Of course, controlling recoil in a 1911 is more about the front strap than it is on the side panels.

Perhaps one of these textures might be better suited yet less aggressive. And, there is always fine sandpaper at hand to modify.

Currently, I have several Ahrend's grips, all of them purchased on the day they announced their closing. While I think the quality and finish is wonderful, I want something more hand filling. Should these VZ grips work, I will just sell the Ahrends grips here.

VZ has a quite liberal return policy, so I might just splurge and buy several different styles and send back what I do not want. At approximately $70 per grip, one must choose carefully.