View Single Post

Old 06-26-2020, 01:46 PM

Liked 1,371 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysnacker View Post
As production and distribution return to normal in the future, let's see what the market does. I've seen speculation of a new normal price, but not everyone is playing along... Bass Pro is big. It's big because- it's big, and spread around the country. They seem to be figuring out the shipping, and I can get $200 cases from them. I liked SGAmmo, but I'm not paying $50 more just because he sends me emails.
I would bet the reason BassPro is cheaper right now is they probably are big enough to have some long term contracts with the price locked in. Good when demand is high, bad when demand is low. SG probably buys what they can when they can. Which means their prices are going to be more volatile.

I like sgammo but like you am not going to pay extra because they had good prices in the past. I bought enough from them over the past five years I am going to sit this shortage out.

In addition to COVID and riots we have an election coming up. Discussion of gun control has drowned out by the media talking about nothing but COVID and BLM protests. But if there is a mass shooting or the murder rate keeps going up the way it has recently in some cities it will become an issue again. Which will bring on another round of shortages. I am guessing prices will return to normal in early 2021 if Trump wins. If Biden wins it could be much longer, if ever.

Last edited by Dave Lively; 06-26-2020 at 01:50 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: