View Single Post

Old 06-28-2020, 04:30 PM

Liked 12,802 Times in 4,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte Smitten Wesson View Post
Sorry to rant about this, but it drives me absolutely crazy seeing people so afraid of the potential consequences of defending themselves that they've all but talked themselves out of it, especially when they start trying to convince others to follow their shameful example.
That's ok. It drives me crazy to see people who disregard the legal aftermath that can happen after a justified self defense shooting. If you're lucky, you may never have to find that out. If you're not, you may be able to successfully defend yourself only to find out that the legal expenses involved have bankrupted your family and whatever plans you had are gone. Maybe even your home. Worse case scenario, if you survive, you defend yourself but end up in prison. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. I'm sure your family would appreciate that.

Now, is any of that a sure thing? Of course not. But to fail to acknowledge the possibility makes about as much sense as some guy buying a gun, loading it, and sticking it in his pocket without ever shooting it or getting any kind of practice or training. It's like hoping for the best but not doing any kind of preparation for the worst.

But accepting that there may be unexpected consequences, including legal troubles and expenses, and planning for it beforehand, can free your mind to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done. So does knowing what the laws are.

But hey, if you like gambling...
The Following User Likes This Post: