View Single Post

Old 06-28-2020, 07:58 PM

Liked 1,423 Times in 566 Posts

Yeah, DON'T shoot it.

I know this is anecdotal, but I found this online

Quote:
I do not normally tell war stories, but this one really fits in here.
Many moons ago, (almost 30 years worth!) I was at a public shooting range down in the Miami area (yes, Trail Glades).
A fellow was there shooting a nice Broomhandle Mauser using an assortment of surplus military ammo, all of it 7.62x25 not 30 Mauser.
I tried to warn him about the danger of doing so, but in effect he told me to buzz off, and I did.
I short time later there was a louder than normal boom, and then things got interesting.
The bolt stop had sheared off, and the bolt/slide was blown out of the pistol, striking the fellow in the cheek.
He lost a few teeth (I had to remove two broken teeth from his throat so he could breath), had his cheek ripped open and had a chunk of his ear removed. He was rushed off to the hospital, bleeding badly.
Afterwards I helped the range officer collect the guy’s stuff, for storage and the incident investigation.
The ammo he was using in the Broomhandle when it let go was 1953 dated Czech 7.62x25 ammo that was loaded on the 8 round stripper clips, 40 rounds to the box.
That was ammo intended for use with the Czech Scorpion SMG, and that stuff is loaded hot even by CZ52 standards!
Gregg
Czech 7.62 x 25 - General Ammunition Collector Discussion - International Ammunition Association Web Forum

That seems to be a website dedicated to collecting cartridges, and there's enough info (a mention of the stripper clip, for example, and the 40 rd box) for me to believe you have the same stuff.

Last edited by scoobysnacker; 06-28-2020 at 08:00 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: