View Single Post

Old 06-30-2020, 11:07 AM

Liked 586 Times in 275 Posts

Just a suggestion. I am OK on most of the calibers I own. But now I am regretting a sale I made a few months ago. The security company I worked for until April 2020 used to issue the 40 caliber. I was the firearms instructor for my branch. We exchanged ammo yearly. Each employee was issued 46 rounds. Most employees did not want the old ammo. I told them I would destroy it for them. (bang bang)

I do not like the 40 round and have not owned a 40 in years. I did not feel comfortable selling what was given to me. In November 2019 the company switched to a 9 mm gun. At that point I felt I would not be buying a 40 to shoot all that ammunition.

So I sold over 4000 rounds and used the money to buy my other calibers. The ammo was mostly Gold Dots or HST. Fast forward to last weekends gun show. I purchased CHP 4006. It came with 80 rounds of bonded Golden Saber. I now have to buy practice ammo. The Golden Sabers are now costing over a dollar per round. I will shoot a few for testing and keep the rest for self defense.

Oh, I sold all 4000 rounds for I think $ 600. The buyer got a super deal.

Lesson learned. Do not sell your old ammo (or guns) because you never know when you might want them.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: