Thread: 39-2
View Single Post

Old 06-30-2020, 11:26 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,368 Times in 1,003 Posts

As a follow up comment on prices I think you can always do better on a local deal if you can find it. The only issue there is to find the one you want at the price you want in the hands of someone local. I'm in the midwest and while there are plenty of guns around it is slim pickings for the older stuff. I haven't seen a 39 listed local for a couple of years. This can influence what a person will pay when they find that "one".

Example: I have a LNIB 3913LS. Have been on the lookout for a 3913NL to go with it. Seen a couple over time but none local. Passed on the couple I did see as they weren't the right one. Finally ran across the "one" I wanted and paid $600 plus fees. Maybe a little more than the value some would place on it but it was worth it to me and I am very happy.

The only person you have to satisfy is yourself. Do your homework to know the value's involved so you don't get taken then go after what suits you. A few bucks one way or another are soon forgotten when you are 100% satisfied with your purchase. I certainly am...

Last edited by lhump1961; 06-30-2020 at 11:44 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: