View Single Post

Old 06-30-2020, 11:51 AM

Liked 3,339 Times in 1,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcrossv View Post
In Illinois? Shoot 'em. You can use deadly force if they are committing a forcible felony.

"Forcible felony" means treason, first degree murder, second degree murder, predatory criminal sexual assault of a child, aggravated criminal sexual assault, criminal sexual assault, robbery, burglary, residential burglary, aggravated arson, arson, aggravated kidnaping, kidnaping, aggravated battery resulting in great bodily harm or permanent disability or disfigurement and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.

From a practical standpoint, you'll be better off if you're not in Cook county (Chicago)
"You go out for a late night bike ride/walk and as you round the corner three clowns are lighting and ready to throw MCs at your home. No one is inside except for your pets."

I believe the opposite. No one's life is in danger so I don't think you have the right to shoot them in Illinois. I could be wrong.
Now if someone was inside the building being firebombed that would be a different story.

Last edited by max503; 06-30-2020 at 12:01 PM.