View Single Post

Old 07-01-2020, 05:20 PM

Liked 6,614 Times in 2,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
I have been taking a real hard look at my choices as of late. Just in general. My primary reason for currently carrying snubs is really potential contact scenarios. If those situations truly aren’t a priority or unlikely, then they start to not make nearly as much sense to me.
Sometimes looking at role-specific & situational context in anticipated activities, combined with ongoing risk assessments, may require some prudent flexibility in gear selections.

Having options can be a good thing, as can being able to adjust gear selection to help address and optimize shifting priorities for various situations.

Then again, while I still keep a set of body armor in my trunk, I never go out wearing it anymore. No longer spending my days/nights going out and inserting myself into suspected or known dangerous situations to actively invoke official status. Retirement has its perks.

Instead of me going out all the time to try and find where trouble exists (in an official capacity), now trouble has to actively make the effort to come find me.