View Single Post

Old 07-02-2020, 10:17 PM

Liked 7,378 Times in 2,511 Posts

Maybe it's because I've been sick, all cooped up inside, and can't seem to escape from reports of people acting like complete mindless animals, but I'm really fed up with how stupid people are being.

I really wanted to think that the COVID-19 outbreak would bring people closer together, united by a common threat, but as usual I have grossly overestimated the majority of the human race because I just think too darn logically rather than allowing raw emotional impulse to dictate my actions as so many others do. I swear, intellect, reason, and cognitive thought are wasted on humanity because evidently more people are driven by animal instinct and emotional impulse. I presume that thinking takes too much effort or otherwise gets in the way of the insatiable urge for instant gratification, so pesky thoughts are hastily swept aside in favor of whatever raw emotional impulse demands. Forget that drawing a deadly weapon and pointing it at something that isn't actually a threat to you is unnecessary and irresponsible. Ignore the potential consequences of threatening someone's life. And whatever you do, don't stop to consider the possibility that what you are doing might be foolish, much less wrong. No, "animal angry, KILL!!!" you're doing great. Humanity has only been around for how long now, yet despite the ever-growing amount of recorded knowledge, all the time to reflect upon past mistakes, learn, and ultimately grow, the vast majority still seems to repeat the same endless cycle of stupidity. Who needs virtues like patience, empathy, humility, charity, understanding, and kindness when you can just be an impulsive fool all of the time? Why strive for an A+ when you can pass with a C-, right?

I'd like to say to hell with all of these people. It's honestly enough to welcome isolation or death as preferable alternatives to continuing to live surrounded by such infuriating displays of persistent stupidity, wanton impulsiveness, and perpetual mediocrity. However, I am not a hypocrite, so I won't succumb to emotional impulse, effectively rendering it the defining characteristic of my very existence. I'd rather live on to possibly see the day in which people actually succeed and do the right thing by coming together and helping each other out. Obviously it can be done, it happens every day, otherwise society wouldn't exist. The real problem is that people spend too much time focusing on petty grievances rather than the things that actually matter.

If one wishes to determine the true measure of their fellow man, one needn't make note of how they behaves every day, but on their worst day.

Last edited by Echo40; 07-03-2020 at 11:23 AM.
The Following 23 Users Like Post: