View Single Post

Old 07-05-2020, 12:02 AM

Liked 4,190 Times in 1,865 Posts

If I may give a non-LEO opinion. I live in a state where self-defense is not a protected right, and the tools of that denied right can get you a felony conviction with prison time.

Fortunately, I possess a non-resident CWP for when I travel in FREE America. Being disabled, I can't carry a full compliment of non-lethal defensive options. Yes, a taser can be effective, but what if you are acosted by multiple threats? I also fear that some kind of spray would require the threats to get too close for comfort.

I don't think that I project myself as a threat, but perhaps more an aire of confidence. Being disabled with a noticeable limp and cane, I (unintentionally) project myself more as an easy target/victim.

I don't go out looking for trouble, but I also don't want any of my defensive tools to fall out of my possession or control. As a result, anyone that presents themselves from the start as a threat needs to be viewed as a dangerous threat from the start. It really does "oscillate air inwardly between the lips" when you are disabled and have to defend yourself and your family.