View Single Post

Old 07-08-2020, 12:16 PM

Liked 11,699 Times in 3,557 Posts

In the Dark Ages we had a coal mine strike near Gallup. The miners walked, and only supervisors/managers kept the mine running. The company put them on 12 hour shifts to minimize the threat of violence at the gates.

Things began to escalate. One shift change a line of personally owned vehicles was leaving the mine on the east access road in a convoy. Suddenly, a small subset of strikers (there were 150 or 200 picketing) left the side of the road on foot and swarmed one car as the line stopped for the stop sign at the highway. The strikers, actually not locals but UMWA International types from Kentucky, started breaking out the car windows with chains and 2x2s that had 20d nails sticking through them. They picked the wrong car - the driver, a guy who went to my church, fired one round through the smashed windshield with an Argentine Mauser in 7.65×53 and chambered another. The swarm dropped their objects and backed off.

We did the report and handed it off to the DA, who said 'no charges.' It turned out well for all, and the company fixed the car damage.

Last edited by biku324; 07-08-2020 at 11:13 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: