View Single Post

Old 07-09-2020, 05:04 PM

Liked 9,287 Times in 3,716 Posts

The problems with this model were well known and heavily discussed almost as soon as they came out. I saw a long discussion of a variety of problems (not reliable, not drop safe, and the discharging in holsters seems familiar but I did not read enough of the old posts to check for that). A friend was at the time a firearms training head at his agency in NC, and he had a couple very negative reports from peers - so bad that the first shipment of pistols were packed up and sent back at the end of the first day, and another brand ordered the next day. There are also very serious questions about the military testing process and whether or not it was manipulated to let Sig pass. The Sig did not pass the FBI process that resulted in the Gen 5 Glocks (which IIRC also had a problem when real cops got them. I think it was Indy PD), because the Sigs were not able to pass the portion of the test related to longevity.

I have had iffy QC with Sig, (a special order on which they screwed up so badly they must have hired a choreographer to do it, and which was so obvious the dealer sent it back on his own and then told me). I own a used 239, and it has been fine in limited use, but I would not buy a new Sig. Period.

Last edited by Doug M.; 08-01-2021 at 02:55 PM. Reason: I am a very poor proofreader
The Following 3 Users Like Post: