View Single Post

Old 07-12-2020, 10:59 AM

Liked 7,377 Times in 2,511 Posts

I used to be a regular on the Taurus Forums and I only heard of one case of anything bad with the PT1911, and it was an ambi safety lever snapping off after being dropped onto concrete, landing really awkwardly in such a way that the safety took the brunt of the impact. Being a 1911 Guy, he was able to simply use a replacement ambi safety lever he aready had on hand and with a minor bit of fitting it worked just fine.

In my experience, if a Taurus Firearm works reliably on day one, then generally it will continue to run that way as any other brand of firearm would. Taurus' QA is no worse than Ruger's QA, it's just that Taurus has some of the worst Customer Service in the industry, so short you end up with a lemon, you're in for a bumpy ride when it comes to getting it repaired/replaced. That's the reason why certain Gun Shops won't even carry Taurus Firearms, not because they're all bad, but because getting a bad one fixed tends to be a baffling ordeal, should you be so unlucky.

Personally, there are a total of 5 Taurus Brand Firearms in my household, they've all been 100% trouble free, and most of them are employed in various defensive positions.