View Single Post

Old 07-12-2020, 12:00 PM

Liked 555 Times in 179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ματθιας View Post
Turq I'm not directing this at you, personally, but I'm so tired of people being offended by everything.

I'm half Indian or Native American whatever the PC term is. I'm not offended. Why would I? They are celebrating the warrior mentality.

Here's a European (Belgian) Football club insignia:

Should they drop their insignia, too?

How about this B-1 Lancer squadron:

Lafayette Escadrille

Is that offensive? If so, who, exactly, is being offended?
No problem I realized my post wouldn't be well received. And yes some of this stuff is ridiculous and goes way overboard. But not all.

I don't think there is anything particularly offensive about your logo examples ( except for the swastika on the Lafayette Escadrille. Which after googling it, I realized it was used for good luck and BEFORE the Nazi's adapted it).

Now my examples on the other hand are ridiculous caricatures of Native Americans. Again speaking as a non- Native American I don't have any problems with the names Cleveland Indians, or Atlanta Braves, but their logo's are.... no other way to put it stereotypical racist garbage and need to go. I would like to see anybody defend this Cleveland Indians "chief Wahoo" logo.

Perhaps each unique instance of what is offensive and what isn't needs to be looked at and judged on the merits...and not paint everything with such a broad brush. And that goes both ways.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: