View Single Post

Old 07-12-2020, 01:22 PM

Liked 34,018 Times in 3,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContinentalOp View Post
Interesting. Makes sense.

I used to have a Gen3 Glock 23. It was a good gun. A bit snappy, but not uncontrollable. Got slide bite at least once per range trip.

I've shot a Gen4 and Gen5 Glock 19 side-by-side a couple years ago at a rental range. Aside from the lack of finger grooves and the annoying half-moon cut on the Gen5 front strap, I couldn't really tell the difference. For me, I never even noticed the finger grooves on the 19/23 as they fit my hands perfectly, better than any other finger-grooved gun/grip I've tried.

I am curious about one thing. If the Gen3 Glocks are going to be produced for the CA market, will they be available elsewhere, or are they going to scale back production and limit distribution to CA? I would prefer the Gen3 to the Gen5 primarily because with the Gen3 I could still use the NY1/"-" connector trigger set-up I like. That option isn't available with the Gen5 guns, as far as I know. Not that I'm planning on getting one anytime soon, but I think at some point I'd like to add a Glock 19 to my collection.
I've carried a Gen 3 Glock 23 daily for over 20 years, and usually shoot it at least a couple of times a week. After 10's of thousands of rounds I have never experienced slide bite on any Glock. Not once.

As a certified LEO range officer I regularly train and coach new officers, and our department issues exclusively the G22 and G23, but I also work with other departments that issue the G19 and G17. The only time I've seen someone encounter slide bite, which in my observations have been rare, is when they're holding it wrong.