View Single Post

Old 07-12-2020, 09:49 PM

Liked 1,192 Times in 377 Posts
Default Help with 9mm loads in my CZ

I must be missing something as I have never had this much trouble working up a load for a 9mm. I have had this CZ P 10C for a little over a year and am just now getting time (retired) to reload some ammo for it.

The target picture that came with it showed 5 shots, two slightly below and to the left of center, three low left. That is pretty close to what I was getting with anything I tried at first. The only adjustment on the 10 C is windage. I made a couple small adjustments and soon had was able to punch the center regularly with factory ammo.

Two different times I loaded five rounds of Winchester White Box 115 grain for warm up shooting from a rest at 50 feet. All rounds in the black center. I am thinking I have this! Then I tried all of these loads.

115 Gr XTP 5.4 Grains CFE
115 Gr Montana Gold 4.6 Grains Titegroup
115 Gr XTP 4.0 Grains Titegroup
115 Gr Montana Gold 4.0 Grains Titegroup
OAL at 1.100

124 Gr Berry's FBRN 4.0 Grains Titegroup
124 Gr Berry's HBRN 5.3 Grains CFE
124 Gr Berry's HBRN 4.0 Grians Titegroup
124 Gr Berry's FBRN 5.3 Grains CFE
124 Gr Berry's HBRN 5.4 Grains CFE
OAL at 1.150

I have slugged the barrel
I have done my "plunk test"
I take the bell off the case mouth and it measured exactly the same as the Winchester Whit Box at .375-.376
I know I am missing something little that would make a difference but can't seem to pinpoint out what.

I worked up loads for a Ruger SR 9 I had at one time and they were killer accurate with 4.0 grains of TG. I can't seem to get TG to pattern well at all with this CZ. I get closer with the CFE in either 5.3 or 5.4 with either of the Berry's bullets I have - some decent groups but nothing close to what I can get with the White Box.

I shoot everything off a rest at 50' and have to hold the front site right on the black.

So what am I missing? I know 9's can be finicky and I won't give up on this one just need to try something different than just sending lead down the range.

Thanks in advance