View Single Post

Old 07-14-2020, 08:20 PM

Liked 3,498 Times in 1,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARgunner View Post
Back in October of last year a friend of mine was shooting his 320 X5 during a ISSA match. He had just finished the 2nd round in the third stage and his hands were in the low surrender position when his pistol discharged while holstered. The round hit a knife in his pocket and deflected enough that it did not strike him. Tore his pants pocket and ruined the knife but no other injuries to himself or anybody else. I was right behind him when it happened along with another friend who was scoring and we both saw the incident so this isn't a second hand report.
When he called Sig, they wanted it back immediately and he sent it back. He found out that there have been more than a few cases of a discharge with the 320 series when they were holstered and the pistol wasn't being handled. His pistol was only a few months old, new enough that it was made after the recall for the supposed drop problem. The pistol was completely stock with no upgrades and he had about 1K through it at the time.
Sig offered to send him a new 320 X5 but he opted out and had them send him a 220 instead. He told me he just wasn't confident with the pistol after he found out about some of the other instances of unintentional discharges associated with the 320 series.
I don't think this is about trying to "get Sig", it's a real problem. I own several Sigs and have for many years and have always been impressed with their reliability and accuracy. After witnessing what happened that day with his 320 X5, I'd be hesitant to purchase or carry one of the 320 series.
Do you know if the pistol was stock or had it been modified?