View Single Post

Old 07-15-2020, 10:06 AM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat3 View Post
And I would say B.S. We used to carry revolvers at my Dept ( wish we still did) I used to shoot IHMSA back when I used to have free time, I still hunt with a revolver when I get the time, and have been shooting them a lot for 40 years. I have had ONE jam with a revolver. The ejector rod backed out on an old 1917 S&W. a little fingernail polish and tightening fixed that. Bottom feeders are 100% better than they where 30-40 years ago, still there is more moving parts so more that can go wrong. So to make up this deficiency the auto crowd seems to have to point and cry O.M.G. at each and every possible revolver malfunction. As a side note I know of a Makarov and at least 2 Glocks all with 3-4 thousand rounds through em with nary a hiccup.
Well first, you had a jam so not bs. I have been shooting for a bit longer than you, all kinds of revo, all kinds of co,petition & hunting. If anyone tells me they never had a failure then I can only say they arent putting a lot of rds downrange. I can fix a type 3 in a semi in 3-4sec. A jamb in a revo is game over.