View Single Post

Old 07-15-2020, 11:37 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,242 Times in 372 Posts
Default Interesting thread but...

Being a little older I don't shoot as much competition as I used to and I was never particularly good at the various games, but I enjoyed them.

Bullseye, PPC, IDPA were what I did. Still do a little PPC in a modified club match (no 50 yard stage).

What I will say is this: While shooting the above I saw scores of malfunctions with semi-auto pistols. And very few with revolvers.

Granted, particularly in IDPA the semi-auto pistols greatly outnumbered the revolvers, so naturally there were many more opportunities for malfunctions.

That being said, I trust a revolver over a semi to work when the chips are down. And as a civilian, that means basically one cylinder full in most cases.

I'm sure a new, well maintained Glock 19 is most unlikely to fail, but I put my faith in this Model 60 for the time being. Or its big brother, a K-frame Model 13. I practice with these regularly, clean them when I'm done and use factory ammo.

I can't remember when I last had a problem with either of them, other than with my sometimes deficient marksmanship!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60-7.jpg (120.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Model 13.jpg (142.8 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by smithman 10; 07-15-2020 at 05:43 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: