Thread: Sling Bag carry
View Single Post

Old 07-15-2020, 02:47 PM

Liked 18,473 Times in 7,310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger514 View Post
Maybe It's just me, but as I see it, there's little difference in security in carrying a cross shoulder gun bag like a Versapack vs. Gunny Sack/fanny pack design. They're attached to a person's body until such a time as they are physically removed.

The cardinal rule when using them is that you make the bag or pack secure to your body, and have a system to secure the firearm when the bag or pack comes off your body. They're a great option for certain situations, or for people who have limitations that prevent them carrying in more traditional ways.
To some degree - but it depends.

If you are carrying your sling pack "cross-chest" (arm AND head through the strap) it really isn't much different than a fanny pack in terms of security.

If you carry the sling pack just slung over one shoulder, then yeah, it is less secure than a fanny pack. A snatch and grab thief can yank it off your shoulder and run with it just like purse thief would do.

Personally I carry my sling pack cross-chest when I have my gun in it, and I only use it when going to the gym - so I can easily lock it up in my locker while I'm in the pool, etc.