Thread: RCBS
View Single Post

Old 07-16-2020, 06:31 PM

Liked 4,433 Times in 1,463 Posts
Thumbs up COWBOY DIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler42 View Post
I have a set of RCBS "Cowboy" dies that I use to load .38 S&W. They do a great job. I have compared my loads to some rounds from 1905 and they appear identical except for being bright and shiny. They are also quite accurate. They are made to use with lead bullets and will do a very nice roll crimp.
Rambler, just because I could, a set of RCBS dies will be here in a couple days. (MONDAY) Thanks for your input. If the new dies product will not fit my 1920 guns, for whatever reason then the Lee dies will remain in service. I just want the best for this gun I can make. of another one that might come my way. Since you load this Rambler, please allow me to ask this question. My powder charge of 2.3gn's of W231 leaves a bit of unburned powder with a WSP primer. any way away from that?? less of a charge would seem a bit skimpy, if not prudent so maybe CCI primers, or small magnum primers or is it a moot point?? THANKS for your time.

1940, first shipment lend lease, never issued and made it back with no proof marks.