View Single Post

Old 07-16-2020, 08:28 PM

Liked 827 Times in 236 Posts

Thanks for the replies! A lot of people dont care for firing pin safeties like whats on the 80 series but I dont mind them at all as long as its not too crazy messing with the proper normal function of the gun. Years ago my brother asked me to fetch something out of his safe that was in one of his closets. When I opened the safe door an old WW2 Remington Rand 1911 fell out landing on a bar bell pointed right to my head. I checked the gun and it was cocked and locked loaded with a round in the chamber. The gun fell perfectly pointed at my head with the grip safety depressed on a bar bell. The gun hit hard about 4 feet and I had a guardian angel over me that night or maybe they made those old WW2 1911s very safe or just very lucky but probably a combination of all that. Crazy unexpected stupid things out of your power of control can happen so safeties on a gun as long as there not too crazy dont bother me. From what I gather a titanium firing pin adds a bit more safety protection to people and property. From what I see there has to be a good reason Ruger and SA puts those in all there 1911s. Im not sure if Dan Wesson puts them in there guns too but I can tell you that all of them are series 70 so very likely have titanium firing pins in them too. Anybody know what the ATI 1911s and Rock Islands have in them? Thanks again!