View Single Post

Old 07-17-2020, 03:31 AM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
So, everyone on here hears a noise in their yard at night, they are going to peek out the window and call the cops to come and investigate that it was a raccoon that knocked over the trash can. I don't buy it. I bet the majority of folks on here would go out and investigate just like every read blooded male would.
No, I wouldn't call the police for every sound. However, I can tell the difference between an animal scrabbling around and a person attempting to do damage or break into my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
"you should never fire a warning shot". Maybe so for a person, but I can see if you are in the wilderness and a grizzly is charging you, you are going to throw your gun down, wave your arms, clap etc and yell to scare him? I think not, I am going to fire a warning shot near the ground to get his attention if that doesn't work then I will dispatch him. I am going to keep that weapon ready in case the noise doesn't scare him. I could care less about a "ricochet" if in the woods.

Rosewood
If a grizzly is charging you, you're going to fire a warning shot? Well, OK, if you say so. We'll notify your next of kin.

If a grizzly is charging me and I have a gun, I'm shooting. This is the very definition of a life threatening situation.