View Single Post

Old 07-18-2020, 06:48 PM

Liked 6,084 Times in 1,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte Smitten Wesson View Post
The one problem that I've run into when it comes to Caliber Conversions is that they aren't always as readily available or as easy to do as folks make them out to be.

Case in point, when I bought my SW40VE I looked into buying a .357 SIG Conversion Barrel for it, but it turns out that no such Conversion Barrels exist, and contrary to popular belief, neither Glock nor M&P Barrels are compatible with the Sigma Series.
Recently I got a Police Trade-in S&W 4006TSW, but apparently nobody makes Conversion Barrels for it either.

After that I decided to really look into the subject of Caliber Conversions and in reality, the only firearms which seem to have readily-available, affordably-priced, and easy-to-install Conversion kits are Glocks, SIGs, and to a lesser extent M&Ps. So yeah, it's not as easy as folks make it out to be because certain firearms, regardless of how popular they may be, don't necessarily have readily available Conversion Kits for them.

So yeah, Caliber Conversions are a fantastic concept with obvious advantages, so if you own a firearm that can be affordably/easily converted to another cartridge, then go for it, but unlike certain folks seem to think, not all firearms have the option available.
CDNN had factory SW9VE barrels and a magazine for $30 a few weeks ago. I'm guessing they'll probably drop right in.