View Single Post

Old 07-19-2020, 10:10 AM
US Veteran

Liked 17,098 Times in 5,128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagman1776 View Post
I disagree. You are armed. You've illuminated the yard with bright lights. He decides to stroll over, to close the distance with you. He can produce a weapon or charge you and attempt to take yours. Maybe you could take him in a fair fight but you have your fighting abilities limited by your need to protect your weapon. You've got no back up or anyone else to assist you in overpowering him.
One of the lessons of Vietnam is not to be drawn into a fight where you can not use all the weapons at your disposal. It applies to personal combat as well.
I completely understand disparity of force. In this state it is not legal to defend your vehicle with a gun. So by going outside with a gun to investigate a car prowler, you just put yourself in a no win situation. In the last 10 or so years people have gone to jail for murder or assault with a deadly weapon while confronting car prowlers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
Explain that one? Shootimg an unarmed giy be ause you brought a gun to a fist fight is not a wn. Ask Zimmerman.
Thats my point. I didn’t word it very well.