Thread: Sling Bag carry
View Single Post

Old 07-19-2020, 09:00 PM

Liked 674 Times in 310 Posts

Wow... Lots of opinions.
I have used a well designed Kelty Sling bag on and off for aBout a decade. The Kelty is a sling bag specifically designed to be a holster.

My main use has been as a biking holster. My experience is nothing works well in mountain biking except a chest type holster (maybe a duty belt too...). The Kelty was never as fast as a on body holster, but still pretty usable. I also may Used it a few times kayaking or canoeing, usable there too.

Without getting into too much detail, I have also used the Kelty when I felt the need to roll a little heavier than normal. Happened exactly twice due to specific threat situations and weather. Still carried my normal CCW and holster combo, but wanted to have an additional larger pistol available and easily accessible in colder weather clothing. Sling bag was really valuable in that scenario.

My opinion is the sling bag looks a bit unusual in some situations. Biking, water sports or a park, probably not too unusual. More formal occasions, I am going make you and others will too. Some might be bad guys. Govern yourself Accordingly.