View Single Post

Old 07-21-2020, 08:20 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,281 Times in 1,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rays44 View Post
With all due respect, sir, why would anyone serve drinks to these people. They are anarchists, not peaceful protesters. At the very least, they vandalized and trespassed their property. That alone kills the "peaceful protest argument". It amazes me that we have people in power all over the country like Kimberly M. Gardner. I'll stop here.
Nobody that wasn’t there knows all the facts. I didn’t see anyone threatening the McCloskeys. I didn’t see anyone run onto their lawn. There was no looting, burning, or tagging, as far as I know. Is the street in front of their home private property or public property? I don’t know. There are reports of people walking down the street, taking a shortcut. Is there any evidence that anyone in the group broke the gate? Was the gate locked? Are there any No Trespassing signs warning it is private property? Were there any actual threats? Did anyone in the group display a weapon? Lots I don’t know. There are a couple things I do know. The McCloskeys have every right to protect themselves against violence using appropriate force. They are entitled to have guns. The other thing I know is that if you challenge and threaten people, you will sometimes be forced to make stupid decisions. Do you start shooting when they step on your grass and call you a name? I have found that deescalation has kept me from getting my butt kicked. Threatening someone with a gun just seems a little over the top. Based on what I do know. Not saying it wouldn’t reach that level.