View Single Post

Old 07-22-2020, 12:58 PM

Liked 158 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPD256 View Post
Nobody that wasn’t there knows all the facts. I didn’t see anyone threatening the McCloskeys. I didn’t see anyone run onto their lawn. There was no looting, burning, or tagging, as far as I know. Is the street in front of their home private property or public property? I don’t know. There are reports of people walking down the street, taking a shortcut. Is there any evidence that anyone in the group broke the gate? Was the gate locked? Are there any No Trespassing signs warning it is private property? Were there any actual threats? Did anyone in the group display a weapon? Lots I don’t know. There are a couple things I do know. The McCloskeys have every right to protect themselves against violence using appropriate force. They are entitled to have guns. The other thing I know is that if you challenge and threaten people, you will sometimes be forced to make stupid decisions. Do you start shooting when they step on your grass and call you a name? I have found that deescalation has kept me from getting my butt kicked. Threatening someone with a gun just seems a little over the top. Based on what I do know. Not saying it wouldn’t reach that level.
Agreed, lots we don't know. But, what we do know is that they broke through his gate, entered private property and paraded in front of his home. Doesn't matter if the gate was locked or not. They called the cops who failed to come. Nothing else matters. I should give them water??? The only thing that I find fault with is their weapons handling which displayed a complete lack of training or even common sense.